Replace Water Pump on 99 Frontier 2WD 4 Cyl

I am trying to change the water pump on my 99 Nissan Frontier 2WD 4 Cylinder. The water pump has completeyl failed.

I ahve the new water pump in hand but I can seem to get the pulley and fan clutch assembly removed from the water pump so I can actually remove the water pump. I only have the generic Frontier/Pathfinder Haynes manual and it skips over the steps.

I have the fan off the clutch and the 4 nuts that I thought were holding the fan clutch and pulley to the water pump removed. Unfortunately the pulley and clutch won't come off at all.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Reply to
ijourneaux