Replacement Radio wiring

This is probably a general auto radio question, but I am asking for a 97 Nissan PU. Is there a standard for automobile radio wiring? In other words, is the radio wiring standard on all make and model vehicles/radios? For example, there are three power wires, Red, Black, and Yellow. Is Black always ground, Red always switched (ignition) power , and Yellow always unswitched (battery) power? Likewise for the speaker pairs. Grey and Grey/Black stripe is always RF? Violet and Violet/Black stripe is always RR ? White and White/Black stripe is always LF ? Green and Green/Black stripe is always LR ?

I don't always use the conversion plugs, and didn't on my last radio installation in this vehicle, so I want to make sure I am placing the radio's unplugged wires into the car's plugs. I am matching the wires to the previous wiring job I did.

Reply to
Willshak

I see that the radio wire colors do not match the vehicle wire colors, so the question would be if all radio manufacturers use standard colors. In my case, they do match on the old and new radio.

Reply to
Willshak

Not necessarily, in the few installations i have done, power leads were OK, about speakers I am not sure, but they do use the solid color/color stripe scheme, so it is easy to match the pairs, then it is just a quiestion of trial and error to find out wich is wich.

Willshak wrote:

Reply to
raluxs

Reply to