Rotors

Can someone help me here. My Chilton's doesn't describe how to remove the rotors off my 89 240. Are they just rusted on bad or is there a trick to removal? After a bit of swearing I removed the 2 bolts holding the callipers on and now its just the rotors to remove. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Al McFarlane

try this site

people are very helpful

Reply to
fondoo

Two things you can do....

Spray them with a penetrating fluid and whack on them til they come off. or

Buy two bolts that will fit the treads in the middle of the rotors and screw them in until they pop off.

Reply to
AV

Everytime I've done rotors, they need a lot of force to get them free. Take a 2x4 piece of wood, lay it against the rotor, and slowly work your way around the rotor with the hammer by hitting the 2x4.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try this weekend.

Reply to
Al McFarlane