Rotors - 2004 Armada

I have a 2004 Armada with 26,000 miles on it. I had the rotors turned earlier this week. Nissan replaced the original rotors after about 7,500 miles. They were replaced again at around 18,000 miles. The story today is that the lug nuts were too tight (200 ft lbs instead of 98) and that will warp the rotors.

Two questions:

1) Will over tightening the lug nuts actually cause the rotors to warp?

2) Anybody else having issues with rotors on 04 Armadas?

I suspect it is a quality issue with the rotors more than anything else.

Reply to
RAM

Yes. I'm surprised you could get them up to 200 ft lbs without snapping off the lugs.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Quality issue, right! Torquing to 200 lbs/ft. is impossible without snapping them off. They won't take that much torque! ;-)

Reply to
Jeremiah

Also, there is no way to measure the torque of a nut that is already installed. The *breakaway* torque is always signifcantly higher than the torque required to install the nut while it is rotating. It sounds like Nissan has a problem with the rotors and the Titan. Ironically, the rotors on my Hardbody never warped or were ever turned in 120,000 miles and I braked the crap out of the thing.

Reply to
Rob Munach

And I put 130K miles on an '87 Pathfinder, and 130K miles on a '95 Pathfinder, and have 70K miles on an '01 Pathfinder, and never had to turn or replace the rotors. BTW, the Nissan engineer who worked out that flip up caliper did a REALLY nice job.

installed. The *breakaway* torque is always signifcantly

sounds like Nissan has a problem with the rotors and

turned in 120,000 miles and I braked the crap out of

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Reply to
john smith

My '04 Armada is going in today for new rotors. Nissan is replacing mine with new ones... They warped before 7000 miles.

Reply to
Doug