Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday

How come I had an 86 Mustang 2.3 with 175k (original engine and trans) that would do the same. Too bad the body was shot and it wouldn't pass emissions anymore as I had ripped everything but the converter off as a poor college student. Amazing what good maintenance and 3k oil changes will do.

Or the '87 Escort with 102k that I traded in on a 97 Cobra that was still running perfectly?

Buy good cars and take care of them.

Reply to
Newsgroup User

How come I had an 86 Mustang 2.3 with 175k (original engine and trans) that would do the same. Too bad the body was shot and it wouldn't pass emissions anymore as I had ripped everything but the converter off as a poor college student. Amazing what good maintenance and 3k oil changes will do.

Or the '87 Escort with 102k that I traded in on a 97 Cobra that was still running perfectly?

Buy good cars and take care of them.

Reply to
Newsgroup User

I thought the issue was reliability, not boredom.

OTOH, a bit of unreliability makes for excitement...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

How can you say that as Ford wasn't mentioned!

Reply to
who

Reply to
Newsgroup User

Possibly. To be fair, the late 1970s were not the best time for quality control. I remember vaguely (I was quite young then) seeing misaligned pin strips on the sides, door panels, etc... not sure if any were off by three inches, but it would not surprise me.

SNIP

Quality control on US cars has come some ways since then....

DEP

Reply to
David E. Powell

Tell that to my '96 Mercury with the wrong engine wiring insulation (literally turns to dust), and they held a silent recall and now refuse to do anything (past the limits they set).

Bill Putney

Guess you and the many Toyota owners that have sludged engines even with

3k oil change reciepts that were told to take a hike have something in common then! :)
Reply to
Newsgroup User