Sentra Cold Start Problem

Hello,

I have a Nissan Sentra 2001. When the car has not been driven for a while (say overnight or even a few hours, even now in the summer) the car starts fine, but then I have 30 to 45 seconds of some trembling and the throttle hesitates. I cannot accelerate even if I floor the gas pedal. After 30 to 45 seconds the car seems to run fine.

I have looked all over the net for clues but there seems to be a million possibilities. My mechanic said the the Oxygen Sensor voltage seems to be low, and that this may be the cause. However I do not want to change it and find out that the problem did not go away. Anyone ever experience this?

Thanks.

Reply to
George

If you find the answer let me know I have a 2000 Maxima with the same problem. Replaced the fuel filter, starter, had Nissan evaluate it and they thought it was a sensor in the rear of the car. Reprogramed it. No check engine light. No codes on scanner. Still doing it three years later.

Only hesitates at cold start up once in the morning. It can sit up all day after that and there is no problem till the next morning. Doesn't make any difference whether it is 20 degrees or 100 degrees.

Reply to
Randy

Have either of you cleaned your throttle body? Easy DIY job.

CD

Reply to
Codifus