Sentra common problem?

I have an 04 Sentra 1.8, a white 02 sentra 1.8 and another beige sentra 1.8. The air condition works great in these cars when they are running, but when car is put into park and a few minutes is allowed to pass the cool air becomes humid. The only way to get it cool again is to pull it out of park and drive a few feet. Is this a common problem in sentras? Any idea what it maybe. Another example is when we were evacuating for Hurricane rita in Houston the air condition would work great until we would hit the "Famous traffic jam" and then the cool air would become humid and since there was a traffic jam you couldnt drive much so the air wouldnt turn cool. Any ideas? Phillip

Reply to
asdfa

Philip, your AC is essentially a fridge unit. What you are describing is good heat exchange when you are driving as there is air flow over the element that disperses heat but heat exhange when it is stopped. Check both cars for refrigerant level and check that if there is a cooliong fan on the heat exchanger that it is engaging.

Reply to
Oso

The fact that it becomes humid inside leads me to think as follows:

  1. The recirculation button is in the off position.
  2. The drains for the evaporator housing are clogged.
  3. There is an air leak allowing larger amounts of outside air into the cabin.
  4. Not enough cooling to dry the air properly, i.e. low refrigerant charge, blocked condenser, etc. etc.

Once the interior is cold and dry, the only moisture coming in would be outside air, perspiration and breathing. The temperature could go higher but if the moisture content stays constant, the relative humidity would be lower.

Good luck!

asdfa wrote:

Reply to
AS