Service Engine soon for 4th time

Hi, I have a 2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 with about 34000 miles. I am having an issue with the SES light coming on. First time it came on about middle of November after driving for about 10 minutes in the morning. Went to the dealer and they said P0101 and change filter and reset light. Light came on about three days later while car warmed up in driveway in the morning, brought back to the dealer and they changed the MAF (this was day after thanksgiving). The light came back on the next Monday while it was warming up in the driveway, brought back to dealer and they said the software in the computer needed to be updated. Seemed to work until last Thursday, when the light came on, again while warming up in driveway. I haven't brought it back to the dealer yet because I get the impression that they really are probably just guessing at things, I assume its still code P0101. Wondering if there is anything I should do or check? Is it better to take to a different dealer? Will Nissan eventually notice that they keep paying for service for my car for the same issue?

Reply to
MoopMeep

Bring the car to an Autozone store and have them check the fault code for free. Make sure you make a note of the code, so you can research it online.

I agree with you, the software was ok til then...

Is your car still under warranty? If not, I would understand their guessing game.

Good luck,

AS

Mo> Hi, I have a 2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 with about 34000 miles. I am having an

issue with the SES light coming on. First time it came on about middle of November after driving for about 10 minutes in the morning. Went to the dealer and they said P0101 and change filter and reset light. Light came on about three days later while car warmed up in driveway in the morning, brought back to the dealer and they changed the MAF (this was day after thanksgiving). The light came back on the next Monday while it was warming up in the driveway, brought back to dealer and they said the software in the computer needed to be updated. Seemed to work until last Thursday, when the light came on, again while warming up in driveway. I haven't brought it back to the dealer yet because I get the impression that they really are probably just guessing at things, I assume its still code P0101. Wondering if there is anything I should do or check? Is it better to take to a different dealer? Will Nissan eventually notice that they keep paying for service for my car for the same issue?

Reply to
AS

Reply to
MoopMeep

I found the following onine:

Either the sensor is gone or the conditions in the intake make it look as if it were.

Good luck,

AS

Mo> Brought in and same code as before P0101.

it for them to look at.

start it up in the morning and let it warm up. When I bring it to the dealer its already warmed up and they don't find anything.