SES error 0507 ??

can anybody tell me what does this error 0507 mean? I've got it using "ignition key-gas pedal" diagnostic method. is it something serious?

thanks.

Reply to
ironforog

I found that I had the same code when I did the same method on my '03 Sentra SE-R yesterday. On my car, that code corresponds to:

Idle Control System - RPM higher than expected

This is the computer telling you that idle speed when warm is (or was) higher than the expected range. If you have had the Crank Angle Sensor recall done recently, this is a common problem to run into, basically the dealer forgot to do the idle relearn part of the procedure. Follow the steps one by one in the second post of this thread:

Reply to
GMen

This thread:

0295&highlight=idle+relearn Go through all the steps for the Accel pedal, throttle valve closing, and idle relearn. You should be squared away after this.

Reply to
GMen

Also, don't forget to do the last part, the ecu reset.

Reply to
GMen

GMen,

Thanks a lot for your recommendations for 0507 error. I appreciate that.

I have another question reg. front shocks.

They seem to be gone on my car and need to be replaced.

Do you have any idea how expensive it is?

thanks.

Reply to
ironfrog

I don't know what vehicle you have, since you haven't mentioned it. But, I know NAPA carries the replacement front struts for my '03 SE-R for $50 each, so if you are having a shop do it for you expect to get charged $70 each + a couple hours labor. I would expect in the range of $300, but that's a complete guesstimate since I do all my maintenance myself.

0295&highlight=idle+relearn>>>

Reply to
GMen

I have 2003 Altima 2.5S.

Is it possible to change shocks yourself?

0295&highlight=idle+relearn>>>>

Reply to
ironfrog

Of course it's possible. But honestly, if you are asking whether it is possible or not, I can't recommend to you to try to change them yourself. Just pay to have someone else do it. And by the way, you have struts up front and shocks in back.