Shift sticks in park occasionally

I have a 1993 Nissan Automatic transmission

Shift sticks in park occasionally.

I have determined it is not the solenoid

I do not think it is the backup/neutral safety switch-still starts in park & neutral.

Ever time I take it to my mechanic, it does not stick.

It even sticks, when the car is in aux and your are trying to shift it to neutral to start the car.

Even through the solenoid, something is occasionally not telling the shifter that it is ok to shift.

Any bypass tricks to force it to shift, when this happen?

Would bad or worn brake pads cause this?

No, I am not having any breaking problems yet.

Greg Rozelle

Reply to
Greg Rozelle

on 10/29/2007 10:41 AM Greg Rozelle said the following:

Are you parked on a hill with just the shift in Park? If so, try parking with the hand/foot brake before shifting into Park There may be too much pressure on the Park lock.

Reply to
willshak