Snow Bear - snow plow for Path Puppies

Just got one of those Snow Bear plows for my 99.5 PP. It took about 7 hours over the weekend to assemble and I did it myself. It's light weight and manageable by one man. Very well designed. Having seen some of the $5000.00 plows out there, it is not a heavy duty plow like those. However for $1200.00 at Canadian Tire it is just what I needed to clean a 100 foot driveway. It is intended to handle a 6 inch fresh snowfall, deeper than that and you would have to raise the plow and take the top off first, then double back to get the rest. It was not designed to ram heavy snow or move old snow so it is not a good commercial plow. It is easily detached and mounts on a cart. Dollar for dollar, I am betting it is better than a snowblower for that lo...ng driveway. I did have to drill a hole in each mounting bracket to get a fourth bolt into the frame, easily done though with a half inch bit.

Reply to
Philip

Just remember, snow plows are brutal to the whole front end of a truck.

Steering, suspension, brakes, drivetrain, frame, entire mechanical assembly, everything takes a beating, if you want to do driveway cleaning for a business proposition, then you are better off buying a cheap used 4WD half ton rather than burning up an expensive family SUV.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins