Speaker sizes for 240sx coupe, and speaker recommendations

I believe that the rear deck uses 6" speakers, the speakers in the doors, i'm not sure about. I am looking to replace the factory speakers with some quality aftermarket ones, with a minimum of modifications (preferably none) required to install them.

I was wondering if someone could please tell me the sizes of the speakers. Also if u can recommend speakers/models of what you have and are happy with.

Thank you for your input,

Spazz

Reply to
92 - 240 SX Coupe LE

LGerlack

The speakers in the door are 4x6, probably powered. On the fastback, the speakers are also 4x6.

I just replaced my factory head and speakers with an Alpine unit and MB Quart DKD146 (4x6 coax). I was lazy and used the existing factory wiring. The sound improvement is incredible!

pshrink

Reply to
pshrink

They're 4x6 OEM fit but there's lots of room in those doors. I modified the doors in a '92 to fit a 6.5" and I swear I think an 8" would have fit. Just make sure you don't interfere with the window glass behind the magnet. If you make a baffle with some mdf or plywood, you can get creative and fit anything. If you use the OEM mounting plates (plastic on the angle forward), you can fit 5" drivers with a little cutting.

HTH

Andrew. aka neex.

Reply to
The Good Bohemian