SR20 front cover/timing chain oil leak help??

Hi folks...

Has anyone removed the front cover/timing chain cover on a G20 or SE-R or other SR20 vehicle with the engine in the car?

My g20 sprung a leak...and I was looking if someone can give me some pointers and walk me through the best way to go about this.

From what I gather...I need to remove both oil pans, cross member, and

the front motor mount, and all pulleys. While all this is happening...where should i be supporting the engine? Do i need an engine hoist?

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-joe

Reply to
g20joe1

You may want to post this question on SR20forum.com. Are you sure it's the front cover that is leaking? the only place I've known them to leak is at the main crank seal due to a botched pulley install.

Reply to
Hawaii_SE-R

They make a beam that goes across the tops of the fenders edges to acomplish this. This is NOT a fun job and I'd replace the chain and tensioners while you're there.

Reply to
Steve T