Starting Problems fixed and Radio Display problems TO fix

greetings and salutations... A bit ago, I posted a note reporting a (common) problem with a 1993 Nissan Sentra. Problem was that nothing but a click would happen when trying to start it. Well, problem is fixed by putting another new starter in it. Apparently the FIRST new (aftermarket) starter was not so good. Now...I have another problem that I am exploring fixing. The LCD display on the radio has given up the ghost, losing almost all contrast between the lit and unlit segements of the display. Anyone got a lead on replacement displays, or cheap ($50 or so) places to get it fixed? thanks Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Hey Dave Not too many repair places around anymore -- one can hardly get anything fixed for $50. A solid replacement radio can be bought brand new at Crutchfield.com for what a couple hours of labor would cost.

I'd imagine that you can get a replacement radio for that price - ebay or a junk yard is a good source for original radios.

Regards, Remco

Reply to
remcow

Yea (heavy sigh) although that DOES kind of run against a lifetime of trying not to waste resources by fixing what gets broken *smile*. It is one of those things that is only a real annoyance about three or four times a year, when, for example, the "AM/FM" switch gets bumped and dumps the radio over to AM. I shall keep looking about though... Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt