Starting problems (Primera)

Hi,

Over the last week or so I've had an intermittent problem when starting my car (Primera 1.6 1997). The engine will whizz over but not even attempt to fire. Eventually it has kicked into life. The funny thing is that once it's running, there is no problem at all. I'ts responsive, has no loss of power and will idle without stalling. The problem doesn't appear to be due to weather conditions as it can start perfectly in damp weather and fail when it's warm and dry. I've changed the plugs and fuel filter and cleaned the dizzy cap but I'm suspecting something more technical. Had someone test it with a plug in unit and everything showed OK. It was starting at the time though so I don't think this proves much. Basically, I'm looking for thing that will affect startup but not running. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

Gra.

Reply to
Graham

Fuel pump sticking or a dodgy connection to it, perhaps caused by the relay? Car Mechanics magazine say they've seen total non-starting on several Nissans where the relay plays up. Offhand I think it's one of the 3 relays in the footwell fuse area.

Reply to
SteveB

Hadn't even considered a relay problem. Thanks Steve.

Reply to
Graham