Still Have Engine Whine on ''87 Maxima

I've got a engine whine that I can't locate on my '87 Maxima with 65 K miles. I've been all over the engine with a stethescope and still can find it, but sound like it is coming from under the t-belt cover. It happens in all trans positions, at any temp and increases with engine speed. I have removed all the accessory belts to see if was the water pump, ps, alternater, idler pulleys etc. Oil pressure looks to be ok at the spec'd rpms. I then replaced the timing belt and tensioner pulley. I found the dealer installed the timing belt too tight and I thought I found the problem. I checked the t-belt covers for signs of rubbing. Still no luck. Anyone have a oil pump go out or have a bad torque converter? Any other ideas?

Reply to
Edge