Still looking 01 or newer crew cab long bed needed

I spent just about all day test driving Frontier crew cabs. The cheapest but newest was a brand new 2004 crew cab, short bed, 5-speed 7 miles on the odometer,10 after I finished driving it, I can have it for $

16,190. The sportiest one at the same dealer was a 2002 solar yellow with just about everything but leather interior or sunroof, had 25K miles $ 17,200 At another dealer, they were willing to sell me a brand new but 2003 SE with everything but the bed extender for $ 18,800 including trading in my 97' Nissan pick up. After pocking around I found out that a new model is coming in 05. The reason I haven't made a comitment was that I wanted a 5-speed the only 5 speed I found was that new one with no extras and short bed. I'm still in a need of a Frontier crew cab, I'm willing to take a hit and settle for less automatic, at a super price. Any Thoughts ?. snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
Reply to
Bnzmn600

why is it that you want 5 speed for the cost up front or the thrill of having a stick shift?

Reply to
Mercury

I grew up on stick shift and Diesel, the fuel mileage on a automatic Nissan Crew cab is totally out of line for a 21st century foreign car. According to ther sticker it gets only 15 mpg highway. A stick shift has to be better, plus I drove both of them today,the stick was brand new and drove very nice. The 2nd Dealer I visited didn't have any stick shift Frontiers, so he was trying to convince me that stick shift cars get no better or worse gas mileage according to tests. He was the sales manager and that statement turned me off. Martin. Autobahn Auto

Reply to
Bnzmn600

Agreed the stick shift will get slightly better gas milage...

What kind of engines do they use in those things to generate 15MPG?

Wow.. i just looked it up.. a 4.0 6 liter??? their GPM stinks or they underrate it by a lot

I have an F250 4x4 and I get about 13 on average (mixed highway and city

On a long highway trip i get about 13.5

8 cylender 5.4 Liter triton

Good luck finding the right truck... check the dealer they may custom build one...

Reply to
Mercury

[...snipped...]

I had two Pathfinders with 5sp and am now on my second QX4, which only show up in automatic. I still miss my manual tranny, and would buy one on a QX4 if offered. I probably should have gone with the '01 PF and a

5sp instead of the QX4, but I let my ego spend more money for cachet or something. I have a beater 5sp toyota, so I get my fix a few times a week. I really don't think you need to defend your preference for a manual transmission. I would hold out for what you want.
Reply to
ppointer

Reply to
WWE 4 Life

I get 18mpg combine here in SoCal. I agree that the mpg for this truck (not to mention the deplorable power) is poor. Buying a manual trans commuter is insane though.

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

I have a 94 Pathfinder 4x4 V6 w/5 spd standard trans. with 31" x 10.5 x 15 I get 17-18 mpg

183,000 miles
Reply to
Robert

I had one of those. I, too, got 17mpg in the city, and at least 20mpg on the highway.

Reply to
ppointer