Strangeness with headlights/radio backlight-2005 Sentra

Hello

I have a problem with a 2005 Sentra SE-R Spec V I just bought (used). Whenever I turn on the headlights, the radio backlight turns completely off. When I turn off the headlights, the radio backlight turns on. It's the stock radio, and I haven't seen any other electrical problems. Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
steve

This problem happens regardless of where the dashboard light dimmer is set.

I'm wondering if there are a couple of wires that are crossed somewhere...any ideas on what area of the dash wiring to focus on?

Regards,

Steve

AS wrote:

Reply to
steve

On 2 Oct 2006 10:40:57 -0700, "steve" graced this newsgroup with:

check your tail/brake lights and see if one of them is burnt out.

Reply to
amstaffs

How would a tail/brake light affect the radio display backlight?

snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Reply to
steve

Just because it is the original radio does not mean that it was not replaced by the previous owner for another radio and then reinstalled when sold. I've replaced the original radios for a more expensive, more features radio, and then reinstalled the original when turned in or sold. Perhaps when reinstalling the original radio, the previous owner took a shortcut on reinstalling, or did not use use wiring adapter plugs for the newer radio, and just cut and joined the wiring, not bothering to check whether the wiring connections were correct.

Reply to
Willshak

Because on many Nissans the taillights and instrument panel lights are wired through the same fuse.

Reply to
E Meyer

None of the other lights on the interior or exterior of the car are burned out. Any other suggestions on this one? I'm stumped.

-Steve

E Meyer wrote:

Reply to
steve