SUV Recommendation?

too bad I sold mine after 9/11 I decided not to give the Arabs any more money. I bought a smaller safer car. The SUV had a solid frame. The smaller car has crunch zones. The SUV could not stop very well in an emergancy The car can.

Reply to
Paulw

'nuther Bob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

even worst

Reply to
Paulw

The wife is hell bent on buying an SUV- for all the wrong reasons- like show off-- be fashionable- be trendy etc..Looks like i have to bite the bullet and get her a brand new or slightly used SUV. I looked into the market and every compnay has many SUVs each. I am confused and am afraid I will make a poor decision. Please share your thoughts and experiences. I would really appreciate it. For reference - I have a 96 Infinity G20, 94 SaabAERO, 92 OLDSMOBILE Silhouette.

Purpose of this SUV: The purpose is not to perform "OFF-THE ROAD" The purpose is not to "TOW" boats or other massive loads. The purpose is simply vanity. SIZE; We are four people in the house- Me - Wife- and four grown up children- SO a

5 seater is plenty. MOSTLY USED FOR: Drivingto work - 15 miles away- on high ways mostly WHAT I WANT OUT OF THE SUV: fun to drive- reliable and not too expensive to maintain- I don't care about gas mileage- I don't care about US or foreign make-

Please reply to my email address.

P.S: I heard that the Mercedes Benz ML series SUV is a pain to own. I heard that the FORD EXPLORER had several problems in the past. I heard the LAND ROVER is a lousy vehicle to keep and maintain. I heard that the Toyota line is good - reliable- but boring vehicles to drive.

Reply to
GoodLuck

Saab turbo man, eh ? Convince her to wait to see the new Saab SUV, due out in a year or so. Hopefully in the meantime you can convince her that she doesn't really want an SUV.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

In article , "GoodLuck" wouldn't STFU about...:

Durango Sport or SXT.

Get the 4.7L V8. Crappy gas mileage (comperable to the 5.2L) but fun to drive. I had a 2002 Durango before getting rid of it & getting a 2000 Frontier SE CrewCab.

Reply to
Faze3

Seems to me it would be less hassle just to get rid of her & get a good dog. Or if you're hell bent on spending money, collect some colour samples from showrooms & let her get what she wants. If she's used to driving a Saab, maybe she'll roll the SUV. With that in mind, it might be an plan to modify the air bag so it won't unfurl, then make sure you're with her when she goes for her first drive.

Reply to
arrooke

Make sure she knows that you intend to increase or take out life and medical insurance on her. There is a high risk of a broken neck as they unstrap her from the inverted seat.

Peter Hill

To add to that... make it something like a Pathfinder. A big SUV that actually has less passenger room that the average sedan - or at least they feel that way. Or go large and let her try to park a Chevy Suburban. Be sure to take the optional insurance.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob