Tech Question : internal programs

Does anyone know which programming language has been used to make the onboard computers on the nissan Primera (2003 model), the one with camera in the back..

i'm not satisfied with the information and abillities of the program and would like to develop one my self..

All the best Lars Andersen

Reply to
Yoda.dk - Lars

Regardless of the language, you probably need access to an EPROM or similar burner to change it.

Reply to
Bob

Yeah .. i know this..

But .. its gotta be written in some kind of programming language..

which i first step of figuring out ...

Reply to
Yoda.dk - Lars

What don't you like about it? I'm just about to buy a Primera 2003 model (2.2 Diesel hatchback SVE) and you've got me thinking maybe I should expect some problems???

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Hey steve.. all i can say is.. BUY IT..

Its not that there's anything wrong with it.. it's just me who is a little picky i guess..

there are some things i'd like to change in the onboard system..

examples.. when reversing, the camera turns on.. but if the front passenger takes of his seatbelt while reversing, the screen changes to "please fasten your seatbelt"-sign ... which isn't that great when depending on the camera..

this is one of the things i would like to change...

further more the danish way of measuring fuel use is liters pr 100 km.. where i'd prefer the kilometers pr liter. so it's all kinds of small things i would change, and maybe do some additions, such as displaying the speed digitally and maybe doing more infoscreens..

so like i said.. buy it.. but have it lovered about 35 millimeters.. it does a world of difference for the wind sensitivity..

All the best Lars Andersen Denmark

Reply to
Yoda.dk - Lars

Even if you knew what language was used, I would assume only executable machine code was burned onto the eprom. Instead, find out the CPU used, and work back from that.

Reply to
ppointer

Yoy might be right..

Anybody have a clue on which cpu is used ?

Reply to
Yoda.dk - Lars

Start by opening up the unit. See if there is a removable chip or a connector for hooking up a burner. If you don't have either of those then it probably doesn't matter.

Reply to
Bob

as you proberbly noticed, im pretty new at this.. so where do i find the unit. ?

Reply to
Yoda.dk - Lars

Yep, I will!

I think that would annoy me too...

It would be great if you could configure it yourself, wouldn't it!

Well that sounds a bit technical for me!!!

All the best to you too, Lars

Reply to
Steve

On my 87 Pathpuppy, it's under the front passenger seat. But any chip that's in a removable socket is likely to be the EPROM (where the programming is) not the CPU. The CPU is most likely soldered into the circuit board and also likely to be the physically biggest chip on the board. It wouldn't surprise me if it were something proprietary, not one of the standard CPU chips like a 386, 486, K5, Athlon, or Pentium. It might also be an older CPU such as the Motorola 6800, 68000, or similar.

Reply to
Larry Kessler