Temp Control Lever problem Nissan '86.5 PU VG30i D21

The temp control lever on my D21 PU is acting up. sometimes when I slide it all the way to max hot it loses connection and will not engage whatever is necessary to return the setting to cool. After fiddling with it for awhile, it will work again. I fear that getting behind there to fix anything will be a daunting project. Any suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
Redigoogle