Tesla Is Into Swapping While Nissan Is Watching

Now that Better Place went belly-up, Tesla joined the battery-swapping lifestyle. As promised, Tesla unveiled a system to swap battery packs in its electric cars. According to Reuters, Tesla "will roll out the battery-swapping stations later this year, beginning along the heavily-traveled route between Los Angeles and San Francisco and then in the Washington-to-Boston corridor." [...] Read More:

----------------------------------- Nissan NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

Swapping?!? Do you get new batteries, or someone else's previously swapped-in batteries that are half as good, half as charged, and so only get you half as far?

These electric car schemes just get sillier and sillier. :-\

Reply to
Your Name

Why not read the Wiki?

Don't seem to have rebates for getting an older battery.

As the battery swap station is also a supercharge station it may be better to just wait the 1/2hr for a free 150 mile recharge.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Wikipeadia is useless - it's full of lies, misinformation, rumour and nonsense. That's what they get for allowing any idiot on the internet to post stuff there.

Hmmm ... 5 minutes to fill my petrol tank (no idea what range my full tank gives me) or hang around for 1/2 an hour to part-charge a battery that's already dying before it's even fitted in the new car to go (supposedly)

150 miles ... gee, I wonder why electric cars aren't very popular (even if you ignore the fact that they're over-priced)!? :-\
Reply to
Your Name