The equivalent of nine times around the world...!

Hey everyone.. just wondering if anyone else here is part of the Nissan high-mileage club? My '95 200SX SE (glorified B14 Sentra) just hit 350,000 km, with the original GA16DE engine that still smoothly revs up to the redline, and a rather awesome 5-speed transmission... this car is indestructible! No major repairs - I just recently had the tie rods changed, but that's to be expected with such a high mileage.

Amazingly, I still have the original Nissan battery in there.

I was never expecting it to get anywhere near 400,000 but it's going to get there no problem... now I'm starting to think about 500,000... half a million kilometers?! Scary stuff...

Anyone else out there with an "endurance" car?

Reply to
arekusu

77 280Z

350,000 miles 565000 Km, just last summer had to replace engine and rebuild tranny all was original stuff at 345,000. Now those cars are bullet proof! Seen plenty of 84-88 300Zx's with way over 300,000 on the original engines as well.

Reply to
Steve
350,000kms on an '89 Mazda 626 2.0, hasn't had any significant engine work in its life (unless you call a fuel pump significant!).

275,000kms on an '82 Toyota Corolla SE hardtop, 3A-U 1500 is still strong but I've tossed it aside in favour of a 2T-GEU 1600 DOHC EFI.

And the Nissan has 189,000kms on it. It's needing a little attention though... gotta love that E15ET (N12 Pulsar EXA Turbo).

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

No got, but had...

85 Nissan Pulsar 180,000 miles = 289,000 KM 93 Nissan Sentra 2door = 200,000 miles = 322,000 KM I don't commute anymore, so my 97 Nissan ext cab, 4x4, PU, with 45,000 miles (72,000 KM) will never make the endurance club, and at that rate, neither will I.
Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

Well, my '94 Quest GXE has 196,000 miles (313,600km) on it. I've run into most if not all, the 'known Nissan problems' mentioned here one time or another. Overall, no major work - timing belts at 60k mile intervals, frequent oil changes with Mobil 1 oil, a tie rod end broke but fortunately we were going very slowly already, the cv boots ripped at one point so we did the half-axle replacement. Oh, and we tow a

2000 lb. popup (tent trailer) all over the place so we change the tranny fluid once a year.

I just have to keep it running for another year until my oldest gets out of college. Should be interesting.

Reply to
Warrren Pease

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 04:36:37 GMT, arekusu scribbled:

I do, just it's not a Nissan ;-). It's a Mitsubishi of all things.

My '89 Galant 1.8L has 367,500kms on the clock. It's on the original engine and gearbox, but second clutch. I suspect one of the previous owners would have done some engine work around the 250,000kms mark, as this engine does not smoke at all, it does however leak a little oil, and lately I'm getting some oil in my coolant, but not vice versa, so I don't like that sign :S. Overall the body is in good condition, as is the paint, although it has a few scratches.

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston

snip

Here's my story:

Bought a used 1983 720 4x2 with 121,000 miles from a gentleman who had just rebuilt third gear in the tranny. All else was in great shape. My deciding factor in purchasing the truck was the condition of his garage. It was immaculate. Drove away happy and confident. It proved out. I put another

120k on it with minimal maintenence, and HARD desert miles in Nevada. Sadly, it blew the cylinder wall on a very hot day in Sacramento CA. Towed it home and dropped in a used engine and drove it until I traded it for a 2000 Frontier. Total mileage was 283k when I traded it. I've not seen it, but I am sure it is still on the road somewhere...

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

you guys got some more driving to do if you want to catch up with my 720 4x4 kc Nissan truck it just hit 510,000 MILES! never did anything major to the motor (like head gasket,timing chain ect.) and it still has 55 lbs oil psi and burns no oil, everything still works incl. the air and cig. lighter:) although I have rebuilt the 5 spd. trans 4 times I use it for everything and have owned it since it was 1 year old

Reply to
bill kravis
*snippage*

Freshly rebuilt turbo, freshly refurbed gearbox, new clutch, no rust, clean condition VR-4 for $4k here... *shrug*

Jesus H. Christ! 1984 N12 EXA Turbo does 600km on 50L! How can your 1800 carb'd get worse economy than a 1500 EFI Turbo? I stress the Turbo - the SigmaGSR was a thirsty monkey, and it wasn't nearly the 4G63 of the VR4...

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:08:18 +1300, "Nick Trounson" scribbled:

It's poorly tuned. I used to be able to get to Hamilton and back (300km round trip) on just $20 of 96 petrol, which is like 17L.

Also I don't think the shot head gasket is helping...

I'm coping with the cost of the car now, but I wont be when I'm a really poor student next year.