Throttle body and EGR

'03 Frontier 3.3 S/C

Had a problem with the throttle body (gas pedal) sticking due to gunk buildup. Constant cleaning helped for about 2 days. Had fuel system service performed at dealer to rule that out in preparation for getting them to fix the problem. By the end of the day the throttle quit sticking and had been fine ever since.

Is is possible that their service cleaned out some other buildup which was feeding the throttle body buildup via the EGR? That's about the only thing I can think of because the TB cleaning worked but only for a couple of days.

Any other ideas while I keep hoping that it doesn't come back?

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

How long has it been since this was done?

Give it at least a month before you decide this fixed it.

Reply to
Steve T

Today will be one week.

Oh, I agree. It's just that this is the longest it's lasted so I'm trying to figure out just what is contributing to it. My wife's Xterra with the same engine (minus S/C) doesn't do it at all.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell