Throttle position sensor

I replaced my throttle postion sensor in my 93 Maxima SE AT and it burned out within about a thousand miles of driving. Any common electrical problems that would lead to the sensor burning out? When the car is cold it feels like the clutch slips untill about 2000rpms. After about 5 min of driving it is okay...fuel efficiency is down about 7mpg, but other than that not much has changed in the performance of the car. It does feel like it has a slight loss of power. I am looking to sell the car soon and want it to run right before selling it. Thanks to whoever answered my last post...I really appreciate your help.

Anyone want a 93 Maxima SE with 160K miles. Engine and tranny still running strong. Body has a few dings, but overall a solid car.

Reply to
mac9401

This may be normal. Generally, when automatic tranny fluid is cold, the tranny purposely will not lock the TQ converter until it has reached operating tempurature.

After

Try replacing your coolant temp sensor. Common minor issue, cheap part. should bring back your mpgs.

A defective coolant sensor will lose power. If the sensor is bad, the car "thinks" it's cold when it's not, so it keeps running a rich mixture. Mpg goes down and power drops. I am looking to sell

Hope this helps

CD

Reply to
Codifus