Towing boat

How should I set the transmission when I'm towing my boat ?? 2 wheels, Auto or 4H ???

Reply to
Yves Jalbert

No different than you would use without the boat - unless you are trying to pull it out of the water. Read your manual.

Reply to
Rob Munach

Rather depends on the boat. As mine weighs 70Kg, and the trailer not more than 100Kg, it's not really an issue. I assume, since you are asking, yours is a bit heavier?

You may get a better answer on one of the boats or sailing newsgroups.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I always use 2wd unless there is a chance of slippage, like for wet roads. Then it goes to auto. I do utilize the overdrive gear, though sometimes I'll drop it in third just prior to a hill in order to help maintain momentum.

When yanking it out of the water, I'll use 4H or 4L depending on the angle and traction of the ramp.

Reply to
ppointer

my boat and trailer weighs 3000lbs, I pull in 2WD and don't spin a tire but it would depend on the conditions for you

Reply to
Mike and Kathy

Try a paint stripe in the rain at a traffic light. Mine even has the LSD differential, so I get both tires spinning.

Reply to
ppointer