TPMS on 2009 Frontier

Can the TPMS be adjusted on my 2009 Frontier? The tires are wearing on the inside and if I deflate to less than 35lbs the light comes on. Original tires.

Reply to
Randy

According to the '09 Frontier FSM, the TPMS alerts when the tire pressure drops to 28 PSI.

I'd say you either have a bad TPMS sensor in one of the wheels, or your tire gauge is wrong.

The first thing to do would be to try a couple of different tire pressure gauges and make sure the one you're using is correct.

There does not appear to be any way to change the threshold PSI of the sensors. There is a self diagnostic you can run on the system. You can download the FSM for free from

E. Meyer

Get a gauge that reads correctly.

the light is designed to come on when the tire pressure falls below 28 psi.

Reply to
NissTech