Trans filter or screen

When having my trans fluid changed today on my '89 Maxima at Jiffy Lube, I asked them to be sure to change the filter also.

They indicated that this car only has a screen which they cleaned thoroughly. If anyone has changed their fluid on an 89, is this true or were they trying to save work for themselves?

TIA -

Reply to
BobM

I read many posts saying the tran filter can be cleaned with brake cleaner.

Reply to
Daniel

Surprisingly, they are right.

Reply to
Jim

There is no filter on 89-90 Maxima auto tranny. They just clean off the pan and put new fluid in. I recommend doing it at least every 25,000 miles as it is a lot cheaper than a new tranny. Doing so should guarantee at least

150,000 mile service life with normal driving.
Reply to
Xpditor