Trans Oil, LSD, etc on 97 pathfinder

I am about to perform my first transmision oil change. We bought the car used. I have bought a trans oil pan seal from Nissan, but they suggested using 4 qts of some 6 $ a bottle stuff.

I plan on doing the front differencal, rear with LSD, transfercase and transmission oil.

Which oil should I use for these? Should I replace the trans oil more than once to get more fluid out?

97 Path with 92k miles, SE 4x4

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
asdf

The dealer is probably reccommending the use of Nissan Matic "D". Dextron III is a suitable alternative. You didn't state what the milage of the vehicle is or if previous service has been done on the trans. Are there any rpoblems in shifting or sluggishness. Be careful on high milage or poorly serviced transmissions. You shouldn't have a problem if you are doing just the drain and fill.

| | I plan on doing the front differencal, rear with LSD, transfercase and | transmission oil. | | Which oil should I use for these? Should I replace the trans oil more than | once to get more fluid out? | | 97 Path with 92k miles, SE 4x4 | | Thanks for your help! | |

Terry

Reply to
Terry George