Two questions regarding 2001 Pathfinder SE

Hi all - Couple questions for everyone here.

  1. My right rear taillight doesn't work when I have my lights on, however, it does light up when I hit the brakes. I checked the fuses, and it looks like they're all fine. Any ideas?

  1. My remote entry still works, however, when locking the car, the horn doesn't sound, and when unlocking the car, the lights don't flash. Is this something wrong with the keychain unit or with the car's security system itself?

Thanks!!

Reply to
SLCope

Change the bulb ?

Read the back of the remote. Maybe it got changed to silent? Don't know about the lights not flashing.

Reply to
Mind Melt

The taillight uses a different bulb/element that the brakes. Check for a burned out bulb.

Hold down both buttons on the remote for several seconds and it should change back to beeping (there is a direction about how to do this in the owners manual).

Reply to
E. Meyer

My 2001 LE does the same thing. I get out and knock on the lens and it turns on. It's very strange. I'm going to try expanding the contacts with a small screwdriver and using some contact grease on them to fight any corrosion. Haven't tried it yet I'm just in the habit of knocking on it when I drive it after dark...

Look in your owners manual for instructions on how to change this. It is a selectable option (horn or no horn) and it was inadvertenly shut off...

Reply to
FM