Tyresizes for a '96 P11

Hi

I have a Primera P11-143 from 1996 and need to find some new tyres for my alloys, but I'm not sure if the tyres I want to buy actually will fit my car. It is currently running on 185/65-14 (standard size) but as the speedo shows about 10% too much, I really would like to go up to a size 205/55-16, but will they fit the wheel well? The 55-profile is also easier to find and cheeper, so all in all it seems like a good idea.

The alloys are 7x16" with +40mm offset and the car isn't lowered. Can anyone confirm that the tyres I'm looking for will fit the car without rubbing on anything?

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Rasmussen

If it's definitely a P11 (never heard of a P11-143) then it would be fine, a P10 may be a close fit. My early '97 P11 runs great on 195/55-15s (wolfrace alloys) by the way, quite a lot more grip/stability compared with

185/65 -14s, speedo reads about 4% fast by my estimation. That's real estimation with a stopwatch vs. motorway 1/10km markers.

Reply to
SteveB

Its definately a P11, the P11 comes as mkII (the 143) in 1996, and the mkIII (called 144) comes in late 1999. But anyway, then it shouldn't be any problem with putting the 205/55 tyres on when the weather gets a bit warmer (the 185/65 is winter tyres) in hopefully a week or two (currently we have about 2-5 degrees here in Denmark, with possibility of snow in the coming week).

I have mesured the speedo by comparing with my GPS, and it reads

110kmt when the speedo shows just over 120, and the difference gets bigger the faster I go. And from a tyre-calculator I have found the 205/55 to be about 6% larger than the current tyres (circumference) so it should be all good :-D

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Rasmussen