UK X-Trail common problems?

Hello all.

I've had my X-Trail since new delivered Feb 02nd this year. Its just coming up for its 1st 12000 mile service and I'm having a couple of minor problems with it. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems and whether the dealers are familiar and clued up with common faults.

Its smokes badly when under load or hard acceleration - e.g. full of people and a boot full of cases (coming back from the airport) going up a steep hill. Or when in 4 wheel drive mode on a slippery inclined surface. Under these circumstances I've had to give it a fair bit of right-foot and the smoke coming from the exhaust pipe is pretty major. I've read some stories on the internet about dubious delco injectors which cause this problem? Are the dealers familiar with this and will they accept liability and fix it without having to get into any acrimonious rants?

Also my rear-view mirror vibrates a lot. Again I've seen mention of this before on various internet review articles. How keen are the Nissan dealers to acknowledge the problem and fix it?

Other than that its just minoir stuff like the handbrake cable could do with tightening and one of the two-tone horns has packed up leaving me with an effeminate sounding "meep".

I'm living in the UK, so does anyone have any experience with these problems and the readiness of UK Nissan dealers to accept and fix them?

Many thanks

Reply to
Nige

Well if anybody's interested, my first 12000k went pretty well. They reckon that the smoke coming out the back is caused by the ECU (new one on order). This is contrary to the reviews and articles I've read that say the problem is with the injectors, so lets wait and see if it fixes the problem. As for the vibration in the rear view mirror, clueless I'm afraid. They "tigtened a couple of screws ... try it now". Still vibrates. I sense a loooong uphill struggle coming on to get this fixed.

Other than that, everything was fine. They did all the minor little jobs great (fixed my horn, tightened my handbrake, adjusted the front foglights, etc etc).

Reply to
Nige