VG30DETT in Hardbody

Not that I want to do this, but I was curious if anyone has installed the twin turbo motor out of the 300ZX into a Hardbody, Pathfinder or Frontie? I imagine it would fit since it is a VG30 variation (the turbo plumbing may be a problem, however)

-Rob

Reply to
Rob Munach

I was thinking of doing it in my Quest, but I never followed through. (It was mostly for shock effect, I want to see surprised looks on ego driven faces when a minivan outruns them :-)

Reply to
Bob

The heads are MUCH larger externally than a VG30 and the plumbing for the turbo makes that engine quite large, I bet a big block chevy is smaller! :-)

Reply to
Steve T

A follow up (to a previous thread) for Steve T.

Steve

I have had the car back and ran up about 550 kilometers. It is running fine now. There was a small issue in the first 50km or so and we changed the fuel filter and ran injector cleaner. The ECU was checked and all reads normal. Also, no problem detected with the fuel pressure regulator.

Due to the nature of the problem and the responses I recieved, indicating a very peculiar situation with the car, my confidence in the vehical is slightly below my comfort level. But for what it is I think it's a great little car and expect lots of happy motoring.

Thanks Steve for all your help, and again thanks to everyone your input has saved me tremendous headache.

Norm

Reply to
SWalker

It appears that the VG30 was shoehorned in there already!

Reply to
Rob Munach