vibration woes !!

I recently purchased a Maxima SE 2003 with 15k miles and immediately noticed a vibration around 60-65 mph with the original Bridgestone Potenzas. I've heard these tires are piece of junk so I asked the dealer to install new tires. They installed (and balanced) a new set of Cooper Lifeliner SLE

225/50/17. Since then the vibration continues. The alignment is ok and got tired of balancing these tires at numerous places. I noticed 2 of the rims are bent but not much. Is a minor bump on the rim enough to cause such vibration or are these cooper simply cheap stuff? I've heard that the Kumho ECSTA KH11 are good for this vehicle and won't kill your budget. Anyone with experience with either the Coopers or the Kumhos?
Reply to
MaximaOwner

I think you're barking up the wrong tree if a different set of tires didn't cure the problem. Coopers are fine, if not top line, tires. You need to make the dealer fix the problem. If they run out of options, you can try a place that can balance the wheels on the car.

Reply to
Jim

You can check the runout (or out-of-roundness) on your tire/wheels by jacking up the car and giving them a spin. If they're out more than a couple milimeters, you probably have either a bent rim, out-of-round tire or both. Wheels that are slightly out of round can be compensated by balancing, but if it's more than normal tolerance, yer gonna need some new rims.

Chris

90 & 94 GXE's
Reply to
Chris H