Warranty voided? HELP!

I may have screwed up, and need some help. The sliding doors on my Nissan Quest were rattling and I tightened up some of the mounting bolts. I replaced one of them with one containing a lock washer because it was loose, then my wife told me this would void the warranty. Now I can't find the original bolt. Although it is the same size bolt, is my warranty voided? Will the marks on the other bolts be enough evidence for them to void it? If so, how the heck would I acquire original Nissan bolts??

-Steve

Reply to
Steve V

Hey Steve

Don' t think they could possibly refuse to honor your warrenty on anything unrelated to that door. For instance, it would be unreasonable to refuse to cover something to your drivetrain because you replaced a bolt in the door.

Seems to me that they may argue with you when you bring the van in for anything related to that door. I would not invite trouble by telling them about hanywork, though.

I am not an expert, but that seems reasonable. Wonder what everyone else thinks about this.

Regards, Remco

Reply to
Remco

That would be my take having worked in the shop. I wouldn't see him voiding anything because if a bolt kept coming loose, that's exactly what we'd have done in the dealership, installed a lockwasher of some variety and maybe a squirt of blue Loc-Tite and sent him/her on their way.

Wil

Reply to
Truck

Try the Nissan dealer for the original bolts. BTW, your wife is crazy!

Reply to
Rob Munach

Exactly, there is no way -this- is going to void your warranty.

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks all.. I think she is paranoid because a few years ago her dad, who is a chronic tinkerer (fix it till it's broken), did something to his new Toyota Camry and they voided the warranty on it. I don't know what he did. Her thought was that the marks on the bolts and non-Nissan bolt are evidence of unauthorized work and they will void the warranty because they will now suspect I must have tinkered with something else, thereby causing problems that they would have to fix. i.e."Who knows what else you messed with... we can't be responsible for this vehicle anymore".

-Steve

Reply to
Steve V

Maybe the bolt was lose and over period of time it worked lose?

It can and does happen!

Take the vehicle in and get them to replace the bolt as its THERE fault it came lose and fell out.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Non-Nissan work does NOT void the warantee.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet