what type of lock for 91 240sx hood?

i have heard mention of a pin. what is that? thanks

Reply to
Kitz_murdered_our_gallery

Kitz Since you mentioned in your subject line, "What Type of Lock for 91

240SX Hood?", I'm assuming you're referring to hood pins. Hood pins are a means of securing lighter than normal aftermarket hoods, (such as carbon fiber or fiberglass), to your vehicle. Although an aftermarket hood comes with a hood latch mechanism almost exactly like your stock mechanism, there is a probability that the aftermarket hood latch mechanism could fail & seperate from your aftermarket hood causing the hood to come flying off while you are driving your car. The hood pins are a safety measure to prevent that from happening. They are an added security to keeping the aftermarket hood on the car.

As for what type of aftermarket hood pins to use....it depends on your budget. You can go Sparco....

Cusco...see bottom of page...
all depends on you and your budget...$$$... If you decide to go with a lighter weight aftermarket hood, you might want to install the hood pins, (highly recommended with an aftermarket hood). The attached link should give you an idea as to how to install the pins, (It's not for a 240SX, but the same principle applies...).
Good luck!! ID

95 240SX SE member...www.240SX.org

Kitz_murdered_our_gallery wrote:

Reply to
Idlafie

Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I'm really looking for a way to lock the hood for security. I have some relays under the hood that disable the car . I don't want a thief to just open the hood and bridge the relays. I wish I had the time to take the starter out and put a relay on one of the wires going from the solenoid to starter motor. don't think a thief could access that.

Reply to
Kitz_murdered_our_gallery

Have you tried doing a websearch under hood locks??

are just a few items you can find on the Net...Good luck!!... ID

Kitz_murdered_our_gallery wrote:

Reply to
Idlafie

Not trying to be too obnoxious, but why are you going through all this trouble to secure a '91? The car is probably not worth enough to warrant collision coverage on the insurance.

Reply to
E. Meyer

It has been stolen twice. older cars are very attractive to thieves. newer cars are too hard to steal.

Reply to
Kitz_murdered_our_gallery