where is the drain for the a/c so i can unclog it, 2012 nissan altima

i have a 2012 nissan alimta and the a/c is leaking all over my floors, i know i need to unclog the drain pipe however i cant find it anywhere and cant find any helpful sites to locate where it would be..

Reply to
colin

This might help:

H. Ford

I know this post was from years ago but was curious if you figured the problem out and maybe could share it with me if you remember.

Reply to
blakemartinez1004

The drain is always from A/C cooling matrix in heater duct though the bulkhead into the engine bay. It's usually a 90 degree rubber elbow.

So look on passenger side bulkhead in engine bay near where it slopes to join floor.

But the clog will be in the A/C duct outlet and not the drain elbow. Remove the glovebox. Remove the heater resistor pack and then fish out all the leaf litter from the front of matrix.

Newer cars have pollen filters so don't collect fan chopped leaf litter on the matrix that clogs the drain.

Reply to
Peter Hill

FOR ANYONE WITH A NISSAN looking to fix their wet car floors. For reference I have a Nissan Altima SV 2013 this should be true for other Nissan?s as well so I recommend doing what I did. What you need to do:

1.) The front passenger side there is a panel the is by your left foot when you sit down in the passenger seat. That black panel left of your foot and closest to the front of the car is where you need to open. Very easy to pop open just give it a go no tools needed.

2.) If you look in there you?ll see an L shaped black tube. You?ve found where to fix the issue! Congrats and a relief this is an easy fix

3.) Pull the end of the L shaped rubber tube off of what it?s pushed into. Once you do that you?ll see gunk in there what you want to do is go to a gas station or anywhere that might have an air compressor that can blow air through both ends of the tube to make sure nothings blocking the flow. That?s all hope this helped. Follow me on Instagram @omaramog
Reply to
omarguerrero669

This should be very helpful to fix the problem on my wife's car. Thank you.

Reply to
Mark