WHERE is the PS pump pivot bolt on a '93 Sentra??

I thought I'd save some money buying and replacing three engine belts myself -- AC, PS/WP, and Alternator. The job turned out to be a lot harder than I imagined.

Day 1. (Afternoon, actually; it's really hot out there.) The outermost belt (the A/C) gave up quickly once I figured out the idler pulley, but the alternator wouldn't budge along its slotted track until it was almost dark. That's when I found the alternator's pivot bolt. Aha, the Pivot bolt!! It pivotted and there was slack, behold! But that belt is blocked by the PS belt. And now it's dark. Shit.

Day 2. What keeps me from changing the PS/Water Pump belt is the PS pump won't budge. I found and loosened its lock nut, but the adjusting bolt does nothing. Guess it didn't read the manual. So, I'm guessing it's a pivot bolt issue again, but *where is it*??

What I loosened on the front side was probably the adjuster bracket bolt (can't see nuthin). If the PS pump pivot bolt is the 14mm on the *back* of the PS pump, my puny 6" Craftsman ratchet wrench is no match for it, and that's all I can get in there. Any ideas??

So you can see I'm not much of a mechanic, but I tried. After putting my '93 Sentra XE on the jackstands three times, I called the Goodyear place. The tech said they're not that crazy about installing parts (belts, in this case) brought in by a customer, but WTH, they'll do it for $71.

This isn't spare cash, it's rare cash, and I can think of things I'd rather spend it on. $71 to change two belts. >: Þ

Thanks for your attention, Jm

Reply to
DemoDisk