WHICH OBD AND SOFTWARE?

am thinking about purchasing a scan tool (and software) for use on a 09 versa with a laptop but want to have the diversity of helping relatives with other brands of autos. anybody here have experience with scantool.net versus blazt.biz?

i've read not to purchase the version from the china location on ebay.

Reply to
nucleus

scantool.net allows you to buy advanced software that can only be used with their OBD hardware interface.

Palmerperformance.com, sells you the same software (they make the software for scantool.net, afaik) but you can use it with any compatible OBD hardware interface

I have the ScanXL professional and I soon realized I spent more time configuring the software than actually diagnosing vehicles.

My other software and hardware is Auterra (auterraweb.com). This one is easy to use, works well but it has not been glitch free (some ford interface issues, etc.). I have the serial version, which allows me to use it from a PC and a palm Zire pda.

Both the auterra and the palmer are multiprotocol, handling all the obd protocols. Between the 2, hands down the Auterra.

Sorry but I cannot comment on the blazt other than it seems to be limited on the protocols it can handle.

Good luck,

AS

nucleus wrote:

Reply to