Which to purchase - Pathfinder or QX4?

I've learned much from this group from reading other posts, and am grateful for all the knowledgeable users. Your assistance with my delimma would be appreciated.

I am the proud owner of a 1987 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 with 289,000 miles and am readying to upgrade to a newer model as soon as it reaches 300,000, maybe sooner. A couple years ago my mechanic suggested an Infinity QX4 because of its all-wheel drive option. But I've heard that newer Pathfinders offer it now. A 2002 model year will probably be chosen, but which "brand" - Nissan or Infinity? It will be driven mostly around town with work, and weekend road trips of around 400 miles. No off-roading. I hope to keep it for a long time and do as much work on it I can myself just like the current one. Presuming mostly the same options on each vehicle, which would you recommend and why? Just as importantly, are there any warnings of problems, potential or actual, that you can enlighten me on?

Thank you for your efforts.

Monte B. Carroll Nashville, Tennessee USA

Reply to
Monte B. Carroll

The only substantive difference is that Infiniti has a longer warranty (4 yr, 60,000 miles) and they give you much less hassle if you ever have to use it. Otherwise the QX-4 is literally a Pathfinder LE with all the options.

All-wheel drive is an option on the '02 Pathfinder LE, but you probably will not find very many of them out there.

I would look at both and buy the >

Reply to
E. Meyer