Will my '97 altima pass NY inspection ?

When I scan my altima I get knock sensor circuit malfunction. That is the only code I read. Car runs great and no check engine light. Will it pass NY inspection with this code ? Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe C

Joe C wrote the following:

Check with the mechanic who will give the inspection. I believe that having only one error code will pass. Mine did a couple of years ago.

Reply to
willshak

On the older cars, I know they will allow a couple of "not ready" on the emission test, but I don't know about an error code.

Reply to
Joe C

On the older cars, I know they will allow a couple of "not ready" on the emission test, but I don't know about an error code. It's a tough job to replace the sensor so if I can avoid it . . . . . . Once you go to the mechanic your choices are limited. Joe