Won't be buying a Versa because...

1) Nissan can't seem to set any definite availability dates.

2) Can't seem to set any definite prices. They are still feeling the market to set the starting MSRP.

3) When I went to the Versa website, I was asked to complete a brief questionaire. One of the questions was something like, What other cars are you considering? There were drop-down menus for two competing cars. The first menu was make. From the drop-down I selected Honda. The screen refreshed with a drop-down of Honda models. The Fit was not offered as a selection. What? The next make I chose Toyota. The screen refreshed and the drop-down for models appeared. The Yaris was not offered as a selection. What? It is inexcusable that the two primary competitors for the Versa were neglected to be added as choices as competing vehicles. A lot of people at Nissan neglected to update the web page. Blunder extraordinaire.

4) I ran a Google search for "Michigan Nissan dealers." The closest to my house is Superior Nissan. I then ran a Google search for "Superior Nissan." There are many: Carson, California; Mission Hills, California; Puente Hills, California; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Dearborn, Michigan; and Charlotte, North Carolina. That is all on Google results page one. I didn't even go to the other pages of results. This is a problem. Nissan should limit the number of dealers with the same name. I don't know of any retailer in any industry that would allow its franchisers/distributors to share the same name to this extent. What a sad situation.

5) I located the website of Superior Nissan located in Dearborn. When I clicked on "Search New Inventory" for Nissan models, I was taken to Nissan's homepage. Is this real? With this many errors down the stream, it shows me Nissan has many institutional problems. There is a serious lack of attention to detail. Glaring errors go uncorrected.

If errors as blatant as these go unaddressed, I will be looking at the Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris Liftback. The Versa cannot a contender with its sloppy Nissan pedigree.

Rob

Reply to
rwancha

No offense, but so what? Buy something else. I doubt your decision not to buy is going to bother Nissan any.

Reply to
JimV

If they knew you were buying their car because of the weird stuff you just posted, they wouldn't want you as a customer either!

Reply to
Steve T

yeah, what the other guys said!!!

hey man, nissan pick thier battle so they can win!!

Reply to
AirborneDSM

I sure hope the fact that you aren't buying one of our products doesn't result in the company going bankrupt and me being put out of my cushy job.

On second thought, never mind. Who needs pissants like you for a customer anyway?

Carlos

Reply to
flyaway

Nice attitude, shitbag. And I do mean shitbag.

Rob

Reply to
rwancha

Jim:

You don't get the point. It should bother them. It should bother them a great deal. Not that it was because they lost "my" sale, but becasue they lost "a" sale. The focus here is not on me personally, but on me representing the Joe Anyman consumer/buyer.

Leaders in any industry have to strive to be as proficient and squared away as possible. The CEO himself/herself has to talk with lower-level people, skipping high-level managers, if he/she is to get to truth in any given matter. He/She has to surf the Nissan website, combing through every hyperlink to ensure subordinates are on top of their games. He/She has to call dealerships throughout the country, posing as an everyday customer, asking typical questions, to gauge responses from receptionists and salespeople. He/She has to actually visit dealerships, posing as an actual customer, to gauge the buying experience of that dealership.

Seeing how broken the Nissan system is with my personal experience and, as a leader myself, I can assure you whoever is running the North American operation is surely asleep at the wheel. Man or woman, this person needs to be thrown out. He/She and all the subordinates under him/her are asleep. My experience was a disgrace and an embarrassment.

OK. Being tired of all the He/She I ran a Google search for the President/CEO of Nissan North America. It is a man named Carlos Ghosn. I can assure you Mr. Ghosn is not minding the mint. Also I saw an article, dated March 6, 2006, detailing a big shakeup in management at NNA.

Now do you see my point? I, as a leader, was able to learn in one day trying to buy a Versa what the f*****g senior management at global had to do: clean house at NNA. OK. Are you with me? One day shopping for a Versa told me there are extensive problems at NNA. I then find out there is a big shakeup in progress.

Your attitude is exactly that of NNA's senior management, and that is why they are on their way out the door: "No offense, but so what? Buy something else."

Rob

Reply to
rwancha

Man...this is good...

Whining, sniveling, and arrogant stupidity all in one poorly crafted post.

How did we get so lucky?

Would you like some cheese to go with that Whine?

Here's a thought...

Start a company, go worldwide, and see if you can get a better website up and running that services every Podunk and backwater across half the world.

Until then, do like everyone else and go to the dealership.

Bobby

Reply to
NoNoBadDog!

Put one on order. Maybe you will be the first one on the block to get one.

Reply to
willshak

I doubt they'd miss the horrendous after-sales survey an anal retentive such as yourself would give them. Those surveys dictate allocation, bonuses, etc., and are critical to dealership employees.

This is ludicrous, and I'll explain why later.

If it hadn't been for Renault's buyout and subsequent takeover by Mr. Ghosn, Nissan as we know it wouldn't exist today. They were "on the ropes" in the late 90s/early 00s, in much worse shape than any auto manufacturer operating today. Well, except maybe Fiat. The guy brought them back from the brink of death to massive profitability, and in a short 5 years made them into an automotive superpower. Ghosn also is legendary in his work habits; waking up early AM, and slaving until midnight.

It's hard for me to reply to this without belittling you, so I'll just quit. Let's just say you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's true - no company needs a "customer" like you. You want truly appalling customer service, go buy a Volkswagen.

Reply to
Rich

Actually, the OP is right - maybe for the wrong reasons. Nissan exhibits the same horrid corporate attitude towards customers that we see from most major corporations today. Go ahead and abuse the OP if you like - but Nissan management is nothing to rave about. The only thing they do better now than they did a few years ago is make more money. (and don't try to make me out as a Nissan basher, I own two - corporate still sucks).

Reply to
Bob

then it call comes down to this, you were buying a versa. one of the cheapest car out there. maybe if you were telling me you were ganna buy say a G45, then maybe those people that didnt care so much would be more caring. next time go into the dealer than tell them ur interested in a G45 or something 35-45K type of car and see how much they would cater to you. they will even pick you up at your house to take you to thier dealership!

buying a cheap car, you get cheap service or maybe not a decent one!!

Reply to
AirborneDSM

They lost NOTHING losing a customer this whinny. You'd be a money loser as you'd complain about every little squeak a cheap low end car made.

But you fail to see you are NOT representing the average consumer. The average consumer wouldn't base his purchase choice on the fact they had a hard time finding a dealer using a google search.

Reply to
Steve T

Well, in all honesty I have an '03 Maxima that's been perfect, so I don't have a lot of first-hand experience. My folks, on the other hand, bought a

2004 Nissan Quest. And we all know how awful those are. However, not only did the dealer make good, but they received a 2 year/24k bumper-to-bumper extension, several years' worth of free maintenance, and repeated apologetic phone calls from Nissan corporate. My old man is thrilled - he's owned his share of POSmobiles, and no company came through for him like Nissan.

The only other "bad" Nissan I've personally seen was a '96 Altima. A buddy had a ton of problems with it, so Nissan told the dealer to just swap the entire car for a new Altima. It ran fine until 2 years ago, when he smacked a deer with it and totalled the thing out.

If you have any anecdotes to the contrary, I'm listening, but personally I'm a Nissan customer for life. Like I said in a prior post, if you want to see truly horrendous customer service up and down the chain, buy a Volkswagen. I had a Jetta that I wish I could have driven to a barren field, blown up, and pissed on the smoking wreck. Yeah, it was that bad. I've also had (or seen from friends/family) mediocre treatment from GM, Ford, Chrysler, Kia, and even Toyota. I can't believe you people have the nerve to bitch about Nissan, especially given what I've seen other mfg's customer service depts dish out to people.

Reply to
Rich

Why not just go to Nissanusa.com and pop in your zip code. Much easier than Googling that text. Then you put in "Superior Nissan Michigan" into Google (no quotes) and VIOLA, the first hit is the website you are looking for.

Perhaps a class on the Internet or Google is in order?

Reply to
Newsgroup User

Go check

I think all those questions are answered there...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
greg

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1147647266.253745.67240 @g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

(Rant snipped)

Nissan has a much lower penetration in Michigan than most of the South and West states. Lansing did not have a dealer until a few years ago, but Grand Rapids and metro Detroit have always had at least two dealers each.

I don't know, are you expecting real-time inventory from them? If accurate, this gives competitors detailed info on production levels and expected demand per region. Nissan used to do this with the infiniti.com cars, but stopped doing so...I'd guess for the same reasons.

Also, this may come as a surprise, but google's search function is mediocre at best. At least by 2006 standards. Much easier to goto nissan's website and find a dealer there. Same goes for finding a chain store for everything else you need to buy.

Reply to
Dave Stone

I do not think you qualify as "average". No one I know would refuse to buy a car because they could not find it on Google. Everyone I know would go to a dealership to "kick the tires", take a test drive, and see what options for financing are available locally.

I really think you are expecting too much. 99% of the average Joes out there would not be offended by the experience you cited...but then they have more realistic expectations.

Personally, I am glad you did not buy. You strike me as the kind that would whine about the tiniest detail, and since the car would most likely not meet your expectations, you would blame Nissan and bad mouth the model....

Bobby

Reply to
NoNoBadDog!

He'll not post back...his kind never does when they are shown they were wrong.

Bobby

Reply to
NoNoBadDog!

You don't get it and you never will get it.

I bought a Honda Fit Sport. Ya know why? I called corporate and the customer service rep was on top of his game. Answered all my questions.

The salesman at the local dealer was a square guy. No games, gimmicks, or slippery cons. Not a polished Ron Popiel wannabe with gameshow host speech mannerisms and slickster jargon. Bottom line: the guy was real.

The dealers website actually worked. I ran a search of new inventory and got the proper hits. Were they all in stock? No. There was a lag of a few days, but I don't expect Rolex precision, just at least a little more than a half-ass attempt to update the inventory on a regular basis.

Honda's Fit website is solid. No errors. Navigation there is fairly straight forward and easy.

Most importantly, the car was great, too.

So corporate, the dealership, and the car are firing on all cylinders (forgive the pun). In short, Honda EARNED the sale.

That is why I cannot believe you guys are so resigned to the blunders I faced at trying to get a Versa. Do you have any idea of how many people are tasked/paid to oversee that website? Many. Do you know how many people, management wide, should be scrubbing that website every day for errors? All of them. Do you know how many people at the local dealership should be scrubbing their website to ensure it is error free? The owner, the GM, and the sales managers. There are no excuses when you lead. Your game is expected to be red hot, always. And I mean always. 24/7. That is the sacrifice and expectation of being paid the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. You have the weight of the world on your shoulders, you are stressed beyond belief, but you come through like Chesty Puller. That's how it is.

If you cannot, as a leader, deliver the goods, then get the hell out of your seat, Ghosn, and give it to somebody who is awake.

If you're a marathoner you don't eat an extra-large pizza, 6 pieces of garlic bread, and drink a 12-pack of beer the night before a marathon. When you're Carlos Ghosn, you're a marathoner and every single day is a marathon.

Do you get it now? "No," you say? I didn't think you would.

Rob

Reply to
last_sentinel