Work Shop Manual

Looking for a good workshop manual for a Nissan patrol. Can You download them from anywhere??

Cheers

Reply to
C.J. Loughlin and K.A. Scurrel

I've never found one on line. If you do find one, please post the URL here. You could look for "Safari" as well as "Patrol" - different name for same model in some markets.

I have an old diesel patrol ('88 TD42 non-turbo) that I use mainly for heavy towing. I've had it for 10 years. Built like a tank, and the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Reply to
frederick

there was a thread either here on on rec.autos.cars about a year ago which included a link to pdf manuals for all nissans manufactured in the last 10 years, thats how I got my frontier 2006 download and it is the real shop manual (ca. 1000 pages)

sorry that I can't recall the link and a quick search from google groups did not locate it

Reply to
Mari

You mean this?

These are all american model Nissans. The best way to cross reference is to note your engine. For example if you have the VQ30DE, look at the maxima, KA24DE look at the Altima/240SX, GA16DE or SR20DE, look at the Sentra etc.

Hope this helps

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Yeah - I think I posted that link. I don't think that the Safari/Patrol was sold new in the US. This is a large ladder chassis 4wd range - in the same market segment as Toyota Landcruiser, though the newest Pathfinders are almost as big, but less truck like, less expensive, and more popular. Patrols typically had 4.2 (&3.3?) litre straight six petrol,

4.2 & 3.3 turbo and normally aspirated diesel engines. The latest seem to have mainly 3.0 common rail turbo diesel. Pathfinders outside the US come with an economical to run 2.5 common rail turbo diesel, 3000kg towing capacity (6,600lb). Excellent - but I have my doubts that they'll be as serviceable at 20 years and several hundred thousand clicks old as the old trucks. In 20 years, the only "work" mine has needed has been one muffler, a set of starter motor brushes, air con regassed and updated to R134, and a dry solder joint in the dashboard clock fixed.
Reply to
frederick