WTB mid 90s pathfinder

Looking for a good 94-97 Pathfinder, 2 door or 4 door, manual transmission, under 100K. I'll pay a fair price for the right truck in excellent condition-- Minnesota/Wisconsin area.

Thanks--Terry M.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (remove the NOSPAM, of course)

Reply to
Terry

FYI - you won't find a 2-door that new. I think '91 was the last year for those.

Reply to
ppointer

I was wondering about that, when was the last 2 door Pathfinder made, and when was the last year for the manual transmission? My last SUV was a

1996 Explorer Sport 2 door, I found one with a 5 speed but I had to look a long time.....

Terry

Reply to
Terry

I believe the last year for the two-door was 1991. The last year for the manual tranny was 2002, though even those are rare.

Reply to
ppointer

Call me old-fashioned, but it just seems that if I'm going to invest in an SUV, seems only right to have a manual transmission!!

Terry

Reply to
Terry

In deference to Lee Iaccoca, if you can find an SUV with manual tranny, buy it. Heck, it is starting to get difficult to find a pickup with a manual tranny. At least Nissan sells the 2005 Frontier with a 6sp. I don't think you're old-fashioned, but you probably enjoy the extra control and flexibility you have when you shift manually. And it's fun, right? Unfortunately, the over-bearing majority of buyers don't agree.

Reply to
ppointer

On 12/19/2004 8:56 AM US(ET), Terry took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Most people who buy an SUV, buy it because it's the latest thing, and the manufacturers are catering to them. A perfect example are the luxury SUVs, like Cadillac, Lincoln, Mercedes, et al. Many of these people never go off road, or live where they need a 4 wheel drive vehicle. After commuting 90 miles a day for 15 years in the NE, I think that there should be a separate license to drive 4 wheel drive vehicles, like there is to operate a 2 wheel motorcycle or many wheeled commercial vehicle, and they should have to attend a class before being able to get the separate license. I don't know how many times I have seen a 4x4 driven by some neophyte breeze by me on a snowy road and then I'd come over a hill to find them overturned off the road, while all the two wheel drive vehicles slowly chug their way past. Many 4x4 drivers don't know that they don't have any more stopping power than a two wheel drive vehicle, and the added mass only adds to the skidding problem.

Reply to
willshak

I live in northwest Wisconsin, so yes I deal with a lot of poor driving conditions. It is absolutely true that people often take MORE, not less risks, when they drive a 4X4 in ice or snow. But I still like to be able to downshift while slowing down on a snowy highway... But I like a manual in any car, I just converted my '68 Camaro (car I drive when there is no ice or snow) from an auto to manual, the driving experience is completely different!

I'll have to have a look at that Frontier, I haven't seen it.....

Terry

Reply to
Terry

On 12/19/2004 10:48 AM US(ET), Terry took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I agree with you on the manual transmission. All my vehicles in the last

20 years have been manual, but I live in the country. If I lived in a big city with all the stop and go traffic at every block, I may eschew the extra control and go for an automatic.
Reply to
willshak