Xterra A/C Problems 2001

I have been struggling with the repair of my A/C for the last 2 seasons. The compressor cycles on and off on hot days and will not cool. If it is a cooler day this does not happen. It blows ice cold. Whe I first started having problems I lost a coolant due to a leaking high pressure hose. According to the nissan parts dept this is a very common problem. I suspectthere is something else wrong with the system that would cause all these trucks A/C hoses to leak. When I replaced the hose and dryer I vacuumed down the system. And refilled it. The pressures did not seem just right i cant remember the particulars due to it being over a year. The system has not lost any coolant. After reading on the web I came across the suggestion of the Thermo Control Amplifier and thought this may help this was replaed and no difference. I did notice one thing when I switch to the different modes on the controls such as defrost A/c floor and such it is a bit hard to turn. My thoughts are that perhaps the doors are not closing all the way. I also considered maybe the expansion valve but have not changed that. If anyone knws anything that could possibly help PLEASE let me know. I did come across a few posts that suggested that the ECM wires may be grounding out to the chassis. Anyway I am at a complete loos with this one.

Robert

Reply to
-=Blackcatbomber=-

Nope not really , it's the whole "you get what you pay for" scenario. The manufacturer (Calsonic) was contracted by nissan to produce so many hundreds of thousand units and stay within the budget of X ammount of dollars.Those hoses maybe cost Nissan 2 dollars.

When I replaced

How did you charge it? Did you go by weight when adding the R-134A refridgerant or did you just dump it in there

The system has not lost any coolant. After

Another common problem, doo doo occurs

I did notice one thing when I switch to the different

You may have a binding air mix door cable

My thoughts are that perhaps the doors are not closing

Instead of guessing, try taking it to a qualified ASE certified (in A/C) technician or maybe the dealership.

If anyone knws anything that could possibly help PLEASE

ECM , not likely at all

It the particular wire that controlled the A/C compressor relay was grounding the compressor would stay on all the time

Reply to
Kenny