XTerra Opinions requested

Hello, I am considering the XTerra as a replacement for a Subaru Forester XT. I need a vehicle that can go onto heavily rutted dirt roads, cross small streams (runoff from snowmelt), travel on sand roads, gravel roads, limestone base roads, just about anything you could find up to the point of rockcrawling. It will be used to haul hikers to backcountry trailheads, camping equipment, backpacking etc. It should be very capable at elevations from sea level to 10,000' without noticeable loss of power. In the running are the XTerra, Toyota 4-Runner, and Jeep Liberty. Current vehicle is turbo equipped, and I like the available power, so adequate HP is important. The Subie just can't handle the really bad roads we encounter. Any opinions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
QX

Consider posting to

Victor D. Ulmer

maybe ya wanna do a lil o dis?

Mack

Stay away of the 03's and 04's

I'm starting to see a lot of head gasket's leaking coolant.

Check out the Chevy Trailblazer , we have owned one since 02 and it has been the most trouble free vehicle... next to my 00 Silverado pick up that we have ever owned.

Yes I work for Nissan

No I don't work for Chevrolet

No I don't own a Nissan vehicle

Yes they are a decent vehicle for the money

would I buy one now... hell no

IMHO Nissan has turned the wrong corner... for the worst

Stick with the Subaru

Reply to
NissTech

uh oh. as a relatively new '06 xterra owner, i value a nissan tech's opinion. what kind of issues have you seen? why have they taken "a wrong corner" and does your opinion hold for '06s? Is there anything different between those and the '07s?

Reply to
Mack