'00 Altima Unlocks For No Reason

My car doos will unlock themselves for no reason. The remote will not be anywhere near the car. All the doors unlock at once and the hazards blink and the dome light even goes on. It's seems to happen more in extremely humid weather. Sometimes even when driving down the street the hazards will blink a couple times and then turn back off. Any suggestions. The car place says they can't fix it unless they see it happen. I've already told them exactly what happens.

Reply to
DMH

Mine started doing that after the driver's window was left open by accident - and it started raining. I took the master window/door switch module out and sprayed it with contact cleaner (could also use TV tuner cleaner - sold by Radio Shack). It is fine now. Of course, I had a clue as to which switch to clean since the window was left open. You may have to clean both left and right door switches.

Remco

Reply to
remco

car is trying to invite friends