1993 nissan altima

Please help. I have a 1993 nissan altima. I had the moyor replaced by a local mech. the motor came out of a 93 nissan it ran excellent. It was put into my car and I can not get it to fire. The engine will turn over but not start. I have bought a new distributor, cap, plug wires, plugs,coil,and replaced the computer and it still will not fire. I have to much invested to junk it but may have to if I can not find answer.

Reply to
kookykorner

did it run fine after engin was installed? and if so have you checked fo

spark at the end of the wires and what about fuel pressure was that checked ? if it wont start DONT! keep on cranking & cranking an engin for extended lengths of time. not only will it drain a battery and shorten the starters life but doing so can "damage the piston rings from a lack of oil!" damage can occur until that engine runs and builds up oil pressure. instead pop out the spark plugs and pour in a few ounces of oil and re-check as mentioned

-- johnin

View this thread:

Send from

johnin