1994 Altima A/C Evaporator Sounds

Hi,

I just had the A/C on my 1994 Altima GXE repaired. The system was not holding coolant so the mechanic filled the system with dye and found that the leak was due to a faulty evaporator which he replaced. The system was refilled with coolant and now the A/C is pumping out nice cold air.

However, I have begun to notice that about every 45 seconds to 1 minute I hear a short hissing sound coming from the area where the evaporator was replaced. It sounds like a normal A/C compression sound, but the frequency is disturbing and annoying. I plan to contact the mechanic tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone on this newsgroup has ever experienced anything similar.

All information and opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Marc

Reply to
marc cooper