1995 Altima defrost and air conditioning

Changing the oil and topping off the coolent the other day I had the radiator cap off and heater on while running the engine. I noticed the air conditioner lines were cold while the heat was on full - the air conditioner clutch was engaged. The air circulation was on windshield defrost. When I changed to circulate air at the feet or both feet and console, the air would turn off and the air compressor clutch disengage. I note the air conditioning control button was out and its light off.

Is this as it should be to dry the air hitting the windshield or a wiring screwup?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

loewent via CarKB.com